THE AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF GUANGZHOU (AISG) Guangzhou Seeks a MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL FRENCH TEACHER October 2020
For this position, the assignment is expected to comprise:
• Various levels of French (Grades 6 – 10)
• Grade level advisor (0.5 period equivalent).
The final assignment depends on the experience and interests of the successful candidate and on scheduling constraints.
Short course descriptions are available at www.aisgz.org. Follow: Learning-High School-Explore Our Curriculum-course guide or Learning-Middle School-Explore Our Curriculum-Middle School Course Guide.
RANGE OF CLASS SIZE
Between 8-22 students.
DAILY SCHOOL SCHEDULE
8 x 85 min periods over two days. Formal load = 5.5 out of 8 periods.
2.5 periods over two days.
Breaks/lunch duty supervision according to a rotating schedule.
Student-led evening events supervision; 1-2 per semester.
Our Science Park campus (opened Oct 2007) has modern, well-equipped
classrooms. All classrooms and labs contain an overhead LCD projector and each teacher is assigned a MacBook Pro for school and/or home use. The Science Park campus is a 1:1 laptop learning environment where each student owns a MacBook Pro. Our large Grade 6-12 library has great facilities for reading and research and has a staff of three. AISG has a double gymnasium, a full size grass playing pitch, outdoor rock climbing wall, and fitness center.
All MS and HS students are in a 1:1 Mac laptop learning environment and teachers integrate the ISTE NET Standards into their curriculum with the support of the technology facilitator. Technology is integrated where appropriate to support and enhance 21st Century learning.
• Office 365 (school email, calendar social media and notebooks)
• Veracross (grading and reporting)
• Atlas Rubicon (curriculum articulation)
The school has a large co-curricular activities program and all teachers play a full and active role in leading activities. The expectation is that all teachers will offer at least one after-school activity (ASA) during the year. The activity should be one of our existing activities or one that enhances our ASA program.
All teachers participate in annual China Trips, a 4-5 day experiential learning experience outside Guangzhou. Advisory/Homeroom teachers (0.5 class equivalent) assist with the supervision of study periods, set homeroom activities, and assist with the planning of China Trips.
Monday faculty meetings after school are used for grade level, divisional full faculty, or departmental meetings and PD.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; teaching certification valued;
- Minimum of 2 years of successful full time teaching experience
- Our vibrant, positive community spirit, what we see as the heart of AISG, is one of our greatest assets
- We are the only not for profit international school in Guangzhou enabling us to reinvest directly back into the school in support of our educational mission
- We are the first international school in southern China with a rich history of educational excellence
- We only recruit forward thinking and dynamic instructional leaders who wish to contribute to an environment that values creative learning and quality teaching
- We recruit faculty who are not simply looking for a ‘job’ but who are seeking to join a connected community
This position description is designed to outlined primary duties, qualifications and job scope but not limit the employee nor AISG to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school, that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.