Job title: Invest Deputy
Commercial section of the Consulate General of Belgium - Flanders Investment and Trade
Work location: Guangzhou
Supporting the Flemish Economic Representative (the Economic and Commercial Consul) as well as the Science & Technology Attaché (the Science and Technology Consul) in matters related to investment attraction.
Guiding and assisting Chinese potential investors to locate in Flanders, Belgium, as well as aftercare and maintaining excellent relations with Chinese companies that have already invested in the Flanders.
- Presenting Flanders as an ideal investment location to prospects
- Prospecting and identifying target companies, supplying these target companies with proposals or suggestions, and answering their queries
- Organize marketing and promotion events in the jurisdiction as well as in other parts of the country as required. These include participating in seminars, conferences, organizing seminars, road shows, individual company visits, accompanying visitors to Flanders if required and authorized, organizing participation at exhibitions and organize as well as staff the booth, etc.,
- Supplying ideas and signaling opportunities for the action program to the head of post, S&T attaché and/or to Brussels’ head office
- To build and use an effective network of contacts within the private sector to assist the above. This would also include visits to companies and business events in multiple provinces in the South of China, including trade fairs (facilitating knowledge acquisition and extending network capability)
- To regularly report and review the outcomes of the above activities and consider where changes of direction or focus may be required to better meet the demands of the customer depending on resource availability
- To be responsible for management of budgeted funds for actions, including proper reporting and follow-up; including preparation of individual business visits, canvassing trips, group actions, economic missions, seminars, exhibitions
- Follow-up with the Chinese investors already present in Flanders, Belgium
- Suggesting ideas and opportunities for the action program of the office
- Furthermore, annual training visits in Flanders, Belgium need to be attended.
- Minimum diploma: university degree which relates as closely as possible to the task and the most important duties as described above (preferably international trade, applied economic sciences)
- Knowledge of international business and investment environment, especially in the South of China; min of 5 years relevant professional experience
- Commercial flair, pro-active approach and an eye for opportunities
- Knowledge of the related language and specific terminology
- Excellent Chinese/Mandarin and English speaking and writing skills are a MUST; knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Permission to work in China
- Good knowledge of commonly used IT applications (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- Familiarity with a Customer Relations Management system is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Competences required: cooperation, flexibility, customer oriented, analytical thinking, sense of responsibility, organizational involvement, convincing nature
Flanders Investment & Trade is an agency of the government of Flanders, the northern region of Belgium. Its aim is to support Flemish companies in their international business endeavors and to attract and support foreign companies that want to set up or expand in Flanders. You will be able to
work in an internationally oriented organization that encourages employee development, instills creativity and nurtures independent thinking in a forward-looking context.
The working week entails (a minimum of) 38 hours, but a “9-to-5” mentality is not expected within this job. The Invest Deputy will need to attend business networking events and fairs, some of which may take place on evenings and/or in weekends.
- Participation in a medical insurance plan;
- Annual leave entitlement – 26 days per calendar year
- All local holidays and one Flemish public holiday per annum
How to apply?
The Flanders Investment and Trade Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications, irrespective of race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, creed or age.
Interested candidates can send their English and Chinese resume and motivation letter to email@example.com
In the “subject” field of the mail, specify “your name” + “Invest Deputy”.
Deadline of application: August 5, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
The first rounds of interviews will take place in Guangzhou in the week of August 9-13, 2021.