Site Operational Excellence Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- The function can cover the operational activities and installations from RM handling up to FG shipment with highest focus on Production, Quality and AM
- Operational excellence
- On site investigation, introduction and follow up of (possible improvements of) best practices of all operational departments related to all of their activities in support of RBM Domain manager OE.
- Improving the skills of all production members and supporting training and development teams
- Supports the implementation of the different operational excellence programs to support operational excellence within the site. (TPM, dust, contamination, …)
- Takes up a leading role in the integration / roll out of 5S / TPM on a site level in cooperation with PD management in line with RBM global standards.
- Set up and follow up of standardization of best (operational and technical) practices within site in line with RBM standards
- Follow up on all plant ECR's – incident / accident reports from operational and standardization perspective. Standardize solutions coming out of ACCE cards.
- Follow up of projects executed by AM and provide necessary link towards PTE
- Assist in Operational / technical VOC (voice of customer, complaint and claim) related investigations and/or projects. These are high level VOC’s with potential strategical impact towards the BU. Follow up on various agreed actions and projects and regularly report progress to RBM Domain manager OE.
- Follow up on agreed actions out of customer audits and align with RBM domain manager OE in view of standardization. Advise site QM on standard operational practices where needed.
- Consolidate all best practices / improvements and feedback to PTE as input for new projects and developments. Assists in discussions between PTE and operational organization in view of ongoing (operational and PTE) projects and future developments.
- Gatekeeper of roles & responsibilities between Production technologists and PC/Engineering and follow up on the work of site production technologists, assuring standardized execution.
- Follow up on correct implementation of PTE’s requirements, CP’s and working instructions into full operational SOP’s, assuring completeness in view of pure operational and EHS requirements
- Occasional management of standardization and/or improvement projects in the site in support of the RBM Domain manager. Supervising project teams consisting of members of the operational organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the RBM [site] Department manager Operations or RBM Domain manager OE
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering or other, with 3 years of experience in an operational role in an industrial environment
- Project management experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a project leadership role
- Good practical technical / technological background
- Good knowledge of variety of systems & tools applied in operational excellence and good experience in implementing operational excellence on the work floor
- Experience with change management
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment
- Positive and determined approach to researching and analysing a variety of operational processes in view of optimization
- Ability to lead and motivate as well as maintain a high morale among the members of the organization
- Capable of managing several priorities under time restraint and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of product and manufacturing processes
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access and Word)
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Well-developed business communication skills
- Ability to organize and coach his/her team and to organize project teams
- Control and manage projects by means of PX methodology
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?